Display Case Usage Policy
This policy is to establish guidelines for use of the display case in the lobby of the James W. Miller Learning Resources Center.
The display case in the lobby of the Miller Center is available to any St. Cloud State University academic or administrative entity for the purposes of exhibiting materials and information relating to its curriculum or services. The display case is not available for use by SCSU student organizations.
- Each group may use one side of the case.
- The display case is available for a four-week period, based on the current academic calendar.
- Displays should be put up on the first working day of the reserved period. We reserve the right to offer the reservation to another group if there is a delay in installing the display.
- The display case must have a sign posted identifying the entity or organization responsible for the display. The entity is responsible for creating and posting the sign in the display case.
- The display must be completely removed by the last working day of the reserved period. Items not removed by then may be discarded.
- Reservations can be made up to one year in advance. Multiple requests within a calendar year will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Requests will be honored on a first come, first served basis.
- The building coordinator of the James W. Miller Learning Resources Center reserves the right to modify or remove material deemed inappropriate by MnSCU and SCSU policies.
- Materials may not be taped or fastened to the glass or shelves.
- Consideration should be given to the fact that materials are visible from both sides of the display case.
- Any use of data/power within the display case must be coordinated in advance as part of the reservation request. Requests not made in advance will not be accommodated.
- Displays must accommodate the current shelving configuration. Shelves may not be adjusted or moved.
To reserve the display case, complete the Display Case Request Form and submit to Miller Center 112.
You will be notified by email or phone within five working days regarding your display case request.
Approved by LRS Dean’s Advisory Council: April 11, 2012
Last reviewed by PPC: March 29, 2012
Last revised by PPC: March 29, 2012