Information Guide for Working with Digital Camcorders
Digital camcorder check out procedure for students:
- Students can check out a digital camcorder on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Length of check out time is 3 days.
- One renewal is allowed permitting availability and/or demand. See a Circulation supervisor regarding this matter.
- Students will be charged a fine $25 per day for any late return of the digital camcorder.
- All digital camcorders have an 8 GB SD (memory card). Digital video camcorders requiring MiniDV tapes are no longer available.
- Camcorder Instructions for editing and uploading video are provided with each camcorder or available below:
Miller Center 2nd Floor Service Desk
Some steps of uploading, editing, and burning to DVDs are time consuming. Please allow between 15-60 minutes for these steps.
If you are using a computer somewhere other than in the General Access labs, please check to see that you have iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker.
“Data HD” may be used for temporary storage.
Use external storage if you need a more permanent copy.
|Use USB external storage.|
**SCSU Filespace capacity is 500MB; this is too small for most video projects.
Web site demo for the Canon Vixia HF R100: