Information Guide for Working with Digital Camcorders
Digital camcorder check out procedure for students:
- Students can check out a digital camcorder on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Length of check out time is 3 days.
- One renewal is allowed permitting availability and/or demand. See a Circulation supervisor regarding this matter.
- Students will be charged a fine $25 per day for any late return of the digital camcorder.
- All digital camcorders have an 8 GB SD (memory card). Digital video camcorders requiring MiniDV tapes are no longer available.
- Camcorder Instructions for editing and uploading video are provided with each camcorder or available below:
Miller Center 2nd Floor Service Desk
Additional information can be found at the following Web sites:
- Windows Live Movie Maker Tutorial:
- iMovie Tutorial: http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/?sr=app#imovie
- iDVD Tutorial: http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/?sr=app#idvd
Some steps of uploading, editing, and burning to DVDs are time consuming. Please allow between 15-60 minutes for these steps.
What is needed:
The supported computer systems are:
Windows Live Movie Maker 2.1
If you are using a computer somewhere other than in the General Access labs, please check to see that you have iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker.
“Data HD” may be used for temporary storage.
Use USB/firewire external storage if you need a more permanent copy.
|Use USB external storage.|
|SCSU Student Checkout Laptop||Use laptop harddisk for storage of project; use USB external storage if you need a more permanent copy.||Use laptop harddisk for storage of project; use USB external storage if you need a more permanent copy.|
**SCSU Filespace capacity is 500MB; this is too small for most video projects.
Web site demo for the Canon Vixia HF R100:
Web sites for manuals:
- Canon Vixia HF R100 (copy and paste this link into your Web browser):