Resources for Distance Students
In order to access databases or request books, you will need to set up several things.
- Your HuskyNet ID is needed to access library databases,
- Your 8-digit student Tech ID and PIN number are needed to do a one-time activation of your HuskyNet ID, and
- Your library barcode number is needed to request, check out or Interlibrary Loan books and articles.
Account Needed For Accessing Library Databases
- In order to access library databases off campus, you must use the library's "proxy server."
- The proxy server uses your HuskyNet ID to verify that you are a student with permission to access the databases.
- Your HuskyNet ID needs a one-time activation which requires your 8-digit student Tech ID number and PIN number.
- Your Tech ID number, which is used for registration, can be found on the front of your campus ID card. If you don't know this number, consult the packet sent to you by the Center for Continuing Studies or call the Registration Help Line at (320) 308-3936.
- Unless you have already changed it, your PIN number is your birthdate in the yymmdd format.
- Activate your HuskyNet account using your Tech ID number and PIN number.
Account Needed for Book Request and Check Out
- To check out, renew or request library books, you will need to use your 14-digit library barcode number and password.
- The library barcode number is located on the back of your campus ID card. Your password is your last name, unless you have changed it. If you don't know the library barcode number, consult the packet sent to you by the Center for Continuing Studies if you are enrolled through them or call the Circulation Desk at (320) 308-3083. Please ask to speak with a supervisor in order to get your barcode assigned to you.
- The library barcode number is different from your HuskyNet ID and your student Tech ID number.