Guide to the Lewis Family Papers
The Lewis Family Papers contain personal correspondence, photographs, and clippings surrounding the life and times of Sinclair Lewis, his family, and those associated with them; autographed and other copies of the works of Sinclair Lewis; photocopies of his poems, short stories, criticisms; and collected works about him.
Many of the items represented in parts I-IV of the summary below, were purchased from the children of C. B. Lewis during the period from 1973-1975.
Part XI includes materials related to the Virginia Lewis and Isabell Lewis Agrell donation, in 1986, of Japanese publications relating to Lewis.
In 1987, Isabel Lewis Agrell donated the bulk of the material in part XII.
- Letters and miscellany.
- Books and plays by Sinclair Lewis.
- Miscellaneous publications by Sinclair Lewis.
- Journal articles by Sinclair Lewis.
- Books, pamphlets, miscellany about Sinclair Lewis.
- Sinclair Lewis's Minnesota: A State of Mind.
- Purchasing records, 1973-1975.
- Sinclair Lewis: A Centennial Conference.
- 1985- . Japanese publications. Also 1987 donations of of Marcella Powers materials.
- Isabel Lewis Agrell donation, 1987- . Correspondence. Photographs. Travel Journals. Clippings, etc.
- T.L. - Typed letter
- T.L.S. - Typed letter signed
- A.L. - Autograph letter
- A.L.S. - Autograph letter signed