Library in the Miller Center

Hours today: 7:30 am - 7:00 pm

View Hours

St. Cloud State's School and College structure, 1940-1962

In 1940, St. Cloud State organized its academic programs into eight separate divisions. The structure was then codified in the school's first constitution, which was approved in 1941 and subsequently modified until the late 1960s.

A compelling reason for reorganization was St. Cloud State seeking admission into the North Central Association (NCA), an accrediting body. St. Cloud State's first attempt to for membership into the NCA failed in 1941. St. Cloud Cloud State's membership into the NCA was accepted in 1947.

Nearly all of the information regarding specific divisions came from the course catalogs.

Return to Structure Index

Untitled Document