The University Archives maintains the corporate memory of St. Cloud State University by preserving and using university records and publications of continuing value. Materials in the Archives document the University's development and serve as a convenient source of reliable information about University programs, people, policies, and property.
The bulk of the records held at the University Archives are university records. These records are created or received from units conducting of university activities.
There are finding aids of processed university records available now available on our Archon portal. Either perform a keyword search or click on the "collections" tab in the upper right hand corner.
Only a small number of records have been processed. As records are processed, finding aids will be posted on our Archon website. If you have any questions about records that do not appear here, please contact the Archives at email@example.com.
Over 6000 digital objects from the University Archives, mostly related to St. Cloud State University, are available on our Archon portal. Either perform a keyword search or click on the "digital content" tab in the upper right hand corner then search.
Most notable include:
- Undergraduate course catalogs, 1869 to 2012
- Graduate course catalogs, 1953 to 2012
- Chronicle student newspaper (1924 to 1959, 1967 to 1968 in digital form)
- Institutional Effectiveness records, including factbooks and summaries of academic data
- Master thesis abstracts, 1957 to 2000
- Normal School Recorder student newspaper, 1916 to 1918
- Normalia student newspaper, 1892 to 1904
- Oral histories
Though already on the Archon portal, a number of images related to St. Cloud State are available on Minnesota Reflections. On Minnesota Reflections, select St. Cloud State University Archives to access the digital objects. Please check frequently for updates.