Edible Books Festival - April 14, 2015
Celebrating books, food and people who love them.
Public Viewing of Entries
Book-Themed Music Provided by KVSC
People's Choice Voting
Viewing of Special Creations from Sodexo, Coborn’s Bakery, Cash Wise Bakery, Pete & Joy’s Bakery, and Sam’s Club Bakery
|6:00pm||Award Ceremony and Refreshments|
LOCATION? James W. Miller Learning Resources Center, St. Cloud State University
TO ENTER THE CONTEST
Create and bring a piece of edible art related to books: it can pun on a title, refer to a scene or character, look like a book, or somehow be inspired by a book. All materials must be edible - but may or may not taste well together!
Whether you’re a voracious reader, professional chef, starving artist, or a kid who just likes to play with your food, you’re eligible to enter the contest! Group entries welcome. No time to create? Come as a spectator!
All participants will receive a certificate. Entries will be photographed and may be displayed in the Miller Center and online.
1st Place: Prize Package valued at $100, including an E-reader
2nd Place: Prize Package valued at $80, including a digital photo frame
3rd Place: Prize Package valued at $65, including a $30 Mexican Village certificate
SCSU Student Organization Entries:
1st Place: $50 cash and more, total value of $85
2nd place: Prize package valued at $75
1st Place: Prize Package valued at $85
- Registration for entries must be submitted by 12 p.m. (noon) on April 13 via the form found at http://scsu.mn/1BVUm7i .
- All materials used (other than the base or plate) must be edible food. Entries with inedible materials will be displayed, but will not be eligible for prizes.
- Each entry must be related to books.
- Entries must be dropped off at the Library between 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 14. Earlier drop-off available by arrangement.
- Fan favorite voting will take place from 4 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
- Winners will be announced at 6 p.m. Participants do not need to be present to win.
- Entries must be picked up before 6:30 p.m. Entries not picked up by this time will be discarded.
- One prize per entrant.
For inspiration, visit http://libguides.cmle.org/ediblebooks, created by our co-sponsor, Central Minnesota Libraries Exchange.
(320) 308-2022 • firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is sponsored by St. Cloud State University's Learning Resources Services, Central Minnesota Libraries Exchange, and KVSC.