Edible Books Festival - April 14, 2015
Celebrating books, food and people who love them.
Public Viewing of Entries
Music Provided by KVSC
People's Choice Voting
Viewing of Special Creations from Sodexo, Coborn’s Bakery, Cash Wise Bakery, Pete & Joy’s Bakery, and Sam’s Club Bakery
|6:00pm||Award Ceremony and Refreshments|
Create and bring a piece of edible art related to books: it can pun on a title, refer to a scene or character, look like a book, or somehow be inspired by a book. All materials must be edible - but may or may not taste well together!
Whether you’re a voracious reader, professional chef, starving artist, or a kid who just likes to play with your food, you’re eligible to enter the contest! Group entries welcome. No time to create? Come as a spectator!
- Registration for entries must be submitted by 12 p.m. (noon) on April 13 via the form found at http://scsu.mn/1BVUm7i .
- All materials used (other than the base or plate) must be edible food. Entries with inedible materials will be displayed, but will not be eligible for prizes.
- Each entry must be related to books.
- Entries must be dropped off at the Library between 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 14. Earlier drop-off available by arrangement.
- Fan favorite voting will take place from 4 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
- Winners will be announced at 6 p.m. Participants do not need to be present to win.
- Entries must be picked up before 6:30 p.m. Entries not picked up by this time will be discarded.
- One prize per entrant.
For inspiration, visit http://libguides.cmle.org/ediblebooks, created by our co-sponsor, Central Minnesota Libraries Exchange.
Prizes will be awarded. $50 First Place Prize for SCSU student organization entry. All participants will receive a certificate. Entries will be photographed and may be displayed in the Miller Center and online.
LOCATION? James W. Miller Learning Resources Center, St. Cloud State University.
(320) 308-2022 • email@example.com
This event is sponsored by St. Cloud State University's Learning Resources Services, Central Minnesota Libraries Exchange, and KVSC.