Alice in Wonderland
The Grapes of Wrath
Green Eggs and Ham
About the Celebration
The 2011 Edible Book Festival culminates a series of events celebrating the 10th anniversary of the James W. Miller Learning Resources Center. Join us on April 7 for the Miller Center birthday party, complete with cake, balloons and Edible Book Festival!
Edible Book Festivals are held annually on or around April 1 in locations around the world. Whether you are a voracious reader, professional chef, starving artist, or a kid who just likes to play with your food, you are eligible to participate in the contest!
Be sure to submit your vote for "Fan Favorite" between 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. and join us for the awards ceremony and cake cutting at 2 p.m.!
Admission and registration are free! Non-perishable food donations will be accepted for the local Salvation Army Food Shelf.
*** REGISTER TODAY! ***
- Registration must be submitted by April 5 by filling out the registration form, or calling in your information to (320) 308-2022.
- All materials used must be edible - but need not be palatable!
- Each entry must be related to books: it can pun a title, refer to a scene or character, look like a book or be somehow inspired by books.
- Entries must be dropped off between 7:30 - 10 a.m. on the day of the event.
Recognition and Awards
All entries will be documented, photographed and displayed in both the Miller Center and on the library Facebook page. Participants will receive a certificate, and prizes will be awarded for the following 6 categories:
- Best Young Edible Book Artist (Pre K-12)
- Fan Favorite
- Most Humorous
- Most Creative
- Most Literary
- Judges' Favorite
Voting and Judges
The general public is invited to submit their vote for "Fan Favorite" between 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. The remaining five awards will be selected by a panel of judges who will be announced at a later date. Our guest judges include:
- Amy Bowen, St. Cloud Times food writer
- Kathryn Gainey, St. Cloud State University Art professor
- Stacy Lenarz, St. Cloud Public Library children's librarian
- Judy Dorn, St. Cloud State University English professor
- Byron Bjorklund, Custom Catering by Short Stop, owner
- Craig Wruck, Vice President, St. Cloud State University Advancement
For more information about the official International Edible Book Festival and inspiring Edible Book ideas, visit http://www.books2eat.com.
This event is sponsored by